Tuesday, June 21, 2011

4-day week passes

The 4-day school week passed last night by a 3-1 vote (Gerold Green voted nay). As I said last night before the vote my decision was a last second one. The parents, teachers and community members who provided us with information (both for and against) was incredible. I really appreciate all the information we received and all of the support we received.

On May 9, I made the second and voted in favor of the 4-day school week. After receiving word that we didn't do it the proper way I began thinking perhaps this wasn't the way we needed to go. In the end I felt we needed to try whatever we could to make sure we kept the doors open and our kids getting an education. I appreciate everyone's opinions and comments regarding this issue.

I made my decision and I will stand by it. If I am wrong I will be more than willing to stand up and say "I was wrong." I am big enough and man enough to do that. I hope that we don't regret having made this decision. I think our district has already suffered enough pain and suffering and we need to work together toward a successful and exciting 2011-2012 school year.

I would like to thank all the people who provided information, gave us insight and spent hours researching material and forwarding it to the board. Your help was greatly appreciated and valued.

No comments:

Post a Comment